The BM5 is built upon a continuous development of the BM series.
This small passive monitor is a result of the continuous research
done in the Dynaudio Acoustics laboratories. The redesign and
fine-tuning of the BM5 have been done with great care, and even the
most demanding ears will enjoy the clarity and presence of this
The 2-way passive system with a 175mm (6.9") woofer and a 28 mm (1.1") soft dome tweeter, builds on classical reference monitor technology. The BM5 comes with a frequency response of 50 Hz - 21 kHz.
The BM5 is a high-performance monitor that builds on classic Dynaudio Acoustics technology, and it comes as a very compact package that sports a redesigned exterior. This small monitor is the perfect choice for production environments where space is a concern and passive monitoring is preferred. The BM5 is well suited for music monitoring and mixing, broadcasting, OB vans, edit suites, playback suites, project studios and smaller post production facilities. As soon as the new BM5 is shipping, it will replace the former BM5 which will be discontinued.
The minute size of the monitor is no obstacle for superior performance; in fact, this monitor delivers outstanding results for its size. The BM5 is very suitable for smaller 5.1 productions operating in space restricted environments, and the BM5 can be combined with the BM 9S, delivering a serious and high octane 5.1 system.
- System: Two-way Passive Nearfield Monitor
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB): 50 Hz - 21 kHz
- Peak SPL 1m, pair (IEC Short Term): > 125 dB peak
- Peak SPL 2m, 5.1 (IEC Short Term): > 126,5 dB peak
- Max SPL 1m, (IEC Long Term): 103 dB RMS
- Amplifier minimum: 40 W (> 94 dB SPL @ 1m)
- Sensitivity (2.83 V/1m): 86 dB
- Impedance, Nominal: 4 ohm
- Impedance, HF (200 kHz): 5.8 ohm
- Resonance Frequency: 55 Hz
- Internal Cabinet Volume: 9.5 liters
- Bass Principle: Bass reflex
- Crossover Frequencies: 2700 Hz
- Crossover Slope: Woofer 6 dB/oct; Tweeter 12 dB/oct
- Tweeter: Esotec 28 mm/1.1" soft dome, Magnetic fluid, Rear chamber, Pure alu wire voice coil, 4 mm alu front
- Woofer: 175 mm/6.9", One-piece molded poly-prop cone, 75 mm/3" pure alu voice coil
- Weight: 7 kg / 15,4 lbs
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 186 x 320 x 290 mm / 7,3" x 12.6" x 11"